We had a great time with mom and dad on the cruise. The weather could have been a little better in our first port of Costa Maya but we had a beautiful beach day at Cozumel. It was the same beach we visited on the Mom B-day Cruise. I'm not sure we got the same value out of the open bar as we did then, but we tried our best.
Mom enjoyed reading on the balcony in the morning while dad slept in. Dad played a fair amount of slots but I'm still not sure if he won or lost, you'll have to ask him. The girls enjoyed spending
time and sharing some stories with Grandma and Grandpa.
Dad had only been on board about an hour when he bumped into a fraternity brother. The brother asked for the secret password and it only took dad about 10 seconds to remember it.
Not bad after 60 plus years. Of course this fraternity brother was on spring break and still in college, but still a fraternity brother.
One of the highlights of the cruise was when one of the singers sang Neil Diamond's Sweet
Caroline to Nicolette in front of a thousand people or so at the evening show. He of course changed the words to "Sweet Nicolette".
A sure sign of this was when I arrived back at our cabin and Tammy was taking a nap. Apparently Alessandra took it upon herself to order room service. I guess she sounds much older than seven over the phone. I had been back at the room for two minutes when an order of pizza and chocolate chip cookies arrived at the door. If I hadn't come back I think Nicolette was going to get on Ally's shoulders and put a bathrobe on to answer the door.
Before we knew it, it was Saturday morning and time to head home. As we left the ship mom mentioned that she has always wanted to do a cruise around the Greek Isles - who's in?