Wanted: Connecticut experts

Saturday, November 28, 2009 - Posted by Anonymous at 9:56 PM
So, Pete and I are finding it pretty difficult to find the "perfect" house, and neighborhood, in CT, from the confines of our desk. The internet can only show so much, so we are asking fo your help!
I'm guessing this family is big enough to act as a forum...maybe this question is best suited for Theresa?

Although very easy access to I-84, and Waterbury Hospital, we may have ruled out Southbury, due to it's "rural-ness". We have switched gears and now focusing on areas closer to Hartford, specifically West Hartford and Farmington. Avon, looks nice too, but may be a pushing it with Pete's commute. So does anyone know anything about these areas? I don't think I'll find the golden mecca of gyms here, but gyms look a bit more upscale than a big old red barn.