Thought you'd all like an update from "the South". Two feet of snow Friday/Saturday was kind of fun. (1st pic is of my car Saturday night.) Went for a nice walk, saw kids building igloos on the Mall, sledding down the hill in front of the Capitol, people cross-country skiing in front of the monuments. Sunday was beautiful and sunny and I was thinking we should all be back to normal by Monday. Then the Safeway next door randomly closed at 4:30, and I thought that was odd, but I took the Metro to another store and stocked up, no big deal. Then it was kind of a hoot when the entire federal government was closed for business on Monday- now 48 hours after the storm. (I still have to work because I'm a contractor, but at least I get to work from home, in my pj's, doing laundry between calls.) But then the feds closed again yesterday AND today because we got another 6-12 inches. Actually, it's still snowing, so it's probably more than that. I think everyone has given up. I haven't seen a plow all day. And the official personnel website that lets you know if the government is open or closed tomorrow hasn't been updated yet. Maybe they can't get to their computer?
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - Posted by Ann at 7:12 PM