Merry Christmas from DC

Sunday, December 20, 2009 - Posted by Ann at 8:27 PM

I was told there would be less snow here, but I guess this was "an exception". We got 20", give or take. But neither snow nor sleet nor the fact that I can't vote will keep me from participating in the democratic process. After Joe's e-mail about the health care bill yesterday, I walked up to the Capitol in the storm and watched the Senate in session. You're not allowed to say anything from the Visitor's Gallery, and they confiscate all cameras and electronic devices, but I think the handwritten signs and the Italian flag waving must have gotten their attention because they stopped filibustering while I was there and moved on with the "debate". Still not convinced it's the right thing, but I hope everyone wants a new health care bill for Christmas. See you soon!